Admission Requirements for Alternative Certification Program
Requirements and Qualifications
- Be employed as a teacher of record by a Missouri school district
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in the content area or closely related field OR Obtain a passing score on the designated Missouri Content Assessment (MoCA). The baccalaureate degree or MoCA score will be accepted in lieu of completing the required content area coursework as approved by DESE.
- A minimum 2.75 GPA overall
- Provide documentation of completed fingerprint and criminal background clearance
Application Process and Materials
- Letter of Interest
- Copies of transcripts from all institutions attended
These items are used to perform an audit for consideration for admission to our Alternative Certification Program. These items should be sent to the Certification Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon acceptance to the program, you will be provided with a letter verifying your eligibility to the program that you may share with potential employers.